‘Campaign Gustavus’ Category
President Rebecca M. Bergman announced the successful completion of Campaign Gustavus, the largest and most ambitious fundraising campaign in the history of Gustavus Adolphus College, at a dinner thanking donors on Thursday, Sept. 24.
An extraordinary $25 million gift, the largest single contribution in the history of Gustavus Adolphus College, will serve as the cornerstone of the $65 million complete renovation and 50 percent expansion planned for Alfred Nobel Hall of Science.
The Gustavus Adolphus College Association of Congregations (GACAC) has launched an effort to generate funds to endow the position of Director of Church Relations, which is currently held by Grady St. Dennis '92.
The Mentoring for Student Success program, launched by Director of Diversity and Multicultural Programs Virgil Jones, has resulted in a significant increase in the retention rate of underrepresented students at Gustavus.
The tradition of concert touring by the music ensembles at Gustavus Adolphus College was established as early as 1878 for the musical, artistic, and educational benefit of students. Today, the group Friends of Music is ensuring that tradition continues for years to come.
The Lund Arena Initiative is a $500,000 plan to repair, renovate, and rejuvenate Lund Arena, which is home to the hockey rink named after the program’s legendary coach, Donny Roberts ’56.
Students and faculty at Gustavus Adolphus College are witnessing one of the most exhilarating phases in the College’s history. For the most part it’s a tangible phase that can be seen and touched, but in many cases the true effects of improved learning spaces will come to light through the lives of the people who use them.
The John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning funds faculty scholarship, provides workshops to improve teaching, sponsors forums for teachers to share their work with colleagues, and encourages faculty and student collaboration on projects and research.